- Effectiveness in conveying the beauty or unique character of the Morgan horse
- Artistic creativity (Unique vision in perspective, action or feeling in the photograph.)
- Natural theme (We are not looking for conformation shots.)
All entries will be displayed at the Merriewold Media Center Gallery. Prizes will be awarded for the top three images. *You can view all the entries in the Photo Contest Album any time during the contest.
1st Place prize is a collection of items: Mustang Casa Zia blanket, 100% new Zealand wool, hand-woven, and custom designed. A Mustang Mountain Rope Halter and a lead rope, which is a top seller in burgandy and tan. Also included, are 2 Kensington fold-able show totes with grooming brush and mit. ($125 value) *Colors may vary from product photos. Donated by Farm Supply in San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, Arroyo Grande, Santa Maria and Buellton.
|2nd Place prize consists of 2 items: a KOLO, “Hudson” photo album (200 4×6 photos) in archival acid free binding and a “Noci” brag book (24 2×6 photos) in red. ($60 value) *Colors may vary from product photos. Donated by Samy’s Camera.||3rd Place prize is Photographing Horses, by Lesli Groves, hard cover edition. This book is beautifully illustrated and is an easy-to-use guide for taking better photos of your horse. ($20 value) Donated by Merriewold Morgans.|
How to Enter:
Submit via email, by September 1, 2013, 1-3 of your images in the format stated below in the rules.
Submit to: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Amateurs only. (‘amateur’ means you do not get paid for your work.)
- Morgan horses only. (Horses can be at liberty or under saddle.)
- Photography only. No “graphics”, logos or Photoshop-type entries allowed. Minor adjustments such as light/contrast, cropping, etc., is allowed using your favorite graphics/image program.
- You may enter up to 3 images.
- Entries must be received on or before September 1, 2013.
- Email digital files only. No snailmail entries.
- Entries must be .jpg and minimum 400 pixels wide and maximum 600 pixels wide at 72 dpi.
- Your full name and photo title must be included in email. Name your file with title of your photo. I.e., attachment file: myprettymorgan.jpg
- April thru September 1, 2013: Entries received.
- During the month of September: Judging.
- October 2013: Winners announced in the Fall Newsletter issue. *Sign up for our Newsletter here!
- Subscription to our Newsletter is not required to enter.
- Merriewold Morgans, it’s partners or sponsors are not responsible for any copyright infringement concerning the entries submitted by you and posted on the http://merriewoldmorgans.com website.
- Email submittal of your entries warrants and guarantees that you are the original creator and owner of each entry image.
- No monetary award will be afforded in lieu of prizes.
- By submitting your entry, you acknowledge and give consent for the display of said images on the http://merriewoldmorgans.com website indefinitely and without monetary consideration. Consent also applies to any winning images that “may” be used in advertising campaigns; media promoting or reporting on the contest for this, or coming years.
Bob Langrish MBE has established a firm reputation as one of the foremost International equestrian photographers in the world.
After 38 years of specialization in this field, he has built an equestrian photographic library of over 400,000 pictures covering all aspects of the horse. He has completely illustrated well over 100 books and has contributed to over 200 others.
He is most famous for his stunning pictures of horses running free especially Arabs and Andalusians. He has taken photographs at six Olympic games and travels to the United States of America at least 7 times a year and has flown 1.50 million miles in the last 14 years for calendar photography and adds 20,000 new images to his library annually.
He works for top equestrian magazines in more than 20 countries around the World. Bob Langrish MBE lives in a 17th century Cotswold tythe barn conversion. His International business is based a few miles away in a 17th century stone building – once the local courthouse – in a small village called Bisley, deep in the heart of the Cotswolds. Bob is a totally self-taught photographer and uses digital for all of his work. He uses Canon EOS 1D MK IV cameras and lenses from 15mm – 500mm. Please visit Bob Langrish, Equestrian Photographer, to view his incredible photographic images.
Merriewold Morgans, 10515 La Ranchita Lane, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420, 805-473-2356
Morgan Sport and Show Horses for the Competitive Owner and Rider. Breeding Stock for the Quality Morgan Breeder. Family and Pleasure Horses for the Morgan Enthusiast.
Welcome to Farm Supply. We are a farmer-owned cooperative proudly serving the Central Coast’s farm, home and ranch needs for 60 years. Check out our department pages to learn more abut our products and services. Stop by one of our 5 locations in Santa Maria, Arroyo Grande, San Luis Obispo, Buellton and Paso Robles to say hello. Whether you’ve got 100 rolling acres in Paso Robles or a small patio in Pismo Beach, Farm Supply has everything you need for the farmer in you!
At Samy’s Camera, we have all your equipment needs. Plus, we offer a wide range of photographic services for the professional and amateur alike. From online digital prints, to wide format printing and even professional quality book binding. If it has to do with photography, Samy’s can help. In additoin to our finishing services, Samy’s offers several photo classes and workshops.
|Merriewold Morgans||Farm Supply Company||Samy’s Camera|