Grab your cameras! Flip through your photos! Join in the fun and win great prizes! Merriewold Morgans is having our 3rd Annual photo contest celebrating the Magnificent Morgan Horse. Entry is FREE and will be judged by Internationally renowned equestrian photographer, Bob Langrish.
- Effectiveness in conveying the beauty or unique character of the Morgan horse
- Artistic creativity (Unique vision in perspective, action or feeling in the photograph.)
- Natural theme (We are not looking for conformation shots.)
All entries will be displayed at the Merriewold Media Center Gallery. Prizes will be awarded for the top three images. *You can view all the entries in the Photo Contest AlbumÂ any time during the contest.
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
- 1st Place – A size medium, cozy hoodie in navy blue with a Morgan horse graphic and winning text. Donated by Merriewold Morgans. ($75 approx. value)
- 2nd Place – A gift basket with goodies for horse and rider including: braided halter, saddle blanket, riding gloves, lead rope and more. Donated by Farm Supply Company. ($50 approx. value)
- 3rd Place – A two-sided coffee mug. Both sides are the same and have your 3rd place win with a Morgan horse graphic.Â Donated by deCastro Studios. ($25 approx. value)
How to Enter:
Submit via email by September 1, 2012, 1-3 of your images in the format stated below in the rules. Submit to:Â email@example.com
- Amateurs only. (‘amateur’ means you do not get paid for your work.)
- Morgan horses only. (Horses can be at liberty or under saddle.)
- Photography only. No “graphics”, logos or Photoshop-type entries allowed. Minor adjustments such as light/contrast, cropping, etc., is allowed using your favorite graphics/image program.
- You may enter up to 3 images.
- Entries must be received on or before September 1, 2012.
- Email digital files only. No snailmail entries.
- Entries must be .jpg and minimum 400 pixels wide and maximum 600 pixels wide at 72 dpi.
- Your full name and photo title must be included in email. Name your file with title of your photo. I.e., attachment file: myprettymorgan.jpg
- April thru September 1, 2012: Entries received.
- During the month of September: Winners will be notified by email.
- October, 2012: Winners announced in the Fall Newsletter issue. *Sign up for our Newsletter here.
- Subscription to our Newsletter is not required to enter.
- Merriewold Morgans, it’s partners nor sponsors are not responsible for any copyright infringement concerning the entries submitted by you and posted on the http://merriewoldmorgans.com website.
- Email submittal of your entries warrants and guarantees that you are the original creator and owner of each entry image.
- No monetary award will be afforded in lieu of prizes.
- By submitting your entry, you acknowledge and give consent for the display of said images on the http://merriewoldmorgans.com website indefinitely and without monetary consideration. Consent also applies to any winning images that “may” be used in advertising campaigns; media promoting or reporting on the contest for this, or coming years.
Bob Langrish MBE has established a firm reputation as one of the foremost International equestrian photographers in the world.
After 38 years of specialization in this field, he has built an equestrian photographic library of over 400,000 pictures covering all aspects of the horse. He has completely illustrated well over 100 books and has contributed to over 200 others.
He is most famous for his stunning pictures of horses running free especially arabs and andalucians. He has taken photographs at six Olympic games and travels to the United States of America at least 7 times a year and has flown 1.50 million miles in the last 14 years for calendar photography and adds 20,000 new images to his library annually.
He works for top equestrian magazines in more than 20 countries around the World. Bob Langrish MBE lives in a 17th century Cotswold tythe barn conversion. His International business is based a few miles away in a 17th century stone building – once the local courthouse – in a small village called Bisley, deep in the heart of the Cotswolds. Bob is a totally self-taught photographer and uses digital for all of his work. He uses Canon EOS 1D MK IV cameras and lenses from 15mm – 500mm.Â Please visit Bob Langrish, Equestrian Photographer, to view his incredible photographic images.
Merriewold Morgans, 10515 La Ranchita Lane, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420, 805-473-2356
Morgan Sport and Show Horses for the Competitive Owner and Rider. Breeding Stock for the Quality Morgan Breeder. Family and Pleasure Horses for the Morgan Enthusiast.
Welcome to Farm Supply. We are a farmer-owned cooperative proudly serving the Central Coast’s farm, home and ranch needs for 60 years. Check out our department pages to learn more abut our products and services. Stop by one of our locations in Santa Maria, Arroyo Grande, San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles to say hello. Whether you’ve got 100 rolling acres in Paso Robles or a small patio in Pismo Beach, Farm Supply has everything you need for the farmer in you!
The owner, Bj. deCastro, is an award-winning California fine artist and web developer. The studio does work in web design and development, promo product, marketing, advertising, photography, videography, graphic arts and commissioned fine art paintings.